For great tasting crumbed fish, always start with fillets that are about the same thickness as your pinky finger – any thicker and they take too long to cook.
Always dust and fry your seafood in self raising flour – plain flour has a tendency to go soggy.
- Fish fillets
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of milk
- Self raising flour
- Lightly dust fish or seafood in self raising flour
- Beat together 1 egg and ½ cup of milk to create an egg wash
- Dip the floured fish in the egg wash, then cover with panko crumb
- Lightly pat down with the palm of your hand
- Cover the bottom of a frying pan with oil
- Heat and cook until golden brown
- When turning the fish, use two forks – 1 to lift and turn, and the other to catch and lay
- Once it’s cooked, remove the fish and sit it on paper towels to soak up the excess oil